Friday, September 7, 2012

Various Topics

We made it to Friday again! Just think you have completed three weeks of 7th grade! This week we had Volleyball games and Football games.  Keep up the good work teams! Looking very good!

Next week (on Tuesday) you will receive your first progress report of the year.  You will also receive your ARMT scores from last spring. The progress report will include every teacher and every assignment that has been graded for each class.  This is called a comprehensive progress report.

Furthermore, there is a dance tonight. Remember it is $5 to get in and your time is from 7 pm to 9 pm.

Finally, Crash the book was fun for me to read. I realize that you have already finished your discussions in your Language Arts classes. However, I would like to discuss some overall aspects of the book.  Feel free to respond to one or all of the following points:
  • The book has many life lessons. What was one Life Lesson that you could identify with or that you  learned from this book?
  • Have you or someone you know been mistreated because of your/their religious beliefs or personal choices? (for example in the book: being a vegetarian or a Quaker)
  • Would you sacrifice making more money if you would be able to spend more time with your family? What about when you have your own family? Explain your decision.
Hope you have a great Friday and a wonderful weekend!!!!

REMINDER: If you comment, leave your initials at the end. Thanks!

32 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi.
t.q 3rd pd

Anonymous said...

I wold stay home with my family. A couple of months ago i wouldnt have.. I ;ike going out. I mean i still like going out, but my family needs time with me too. But i dont mind making money either haha
N.O.

Anonymous said...

Hope every one has a great weekend.

MB 3rd

Anonymous said...

I might chill with some friends.

IM3rd

Anonymous said...

Im going to the football game instead of the dance.

LCM 3rd period

Anonymous said...

I learned that you shouldn't judge a book by its cover from the story crash

#3rd period ac

Anonymous said...

Congradulations 8th grade football team!!! And same to both volleyball teams!!! Can't wait for the end of today but I can stand it till lunch comes...

Anonymous said...

A life lesson I learned is that you cant take things for granted. Sometimes things come that you cant help and you have to sacrfice somethings that you always may get. ML 3rd

Anonymous said...

A lesson i have learned is to ignore people who are rude and not get caught up on them becuase that is what they want you to do. It is better to just avoid those people and be yourself.
BK 3rd period

Anonymous said...

Congradulations 8th grade football and both volleyball teams!
GE 3rd

Anonymous said...

One life lesson I learned was don't make fun of someone.

SS 3rd

Anonymous said...

I would prefer spending time than making money because you never know how long you have family.

SP 3rd

Anonymous said...

I believe a life lesson you could learn from this book is that popularity and sports aren't everything. Other things matter like standing up for what you believe in. Family is important and nothing else could possibly replace these special people in your life.

KC

Anonymous said...

GO EAGLES!!!!

ZP 4th period

Anonymous said...

Don't be a bully.
No.
Yes then i would.

4th period JB

Anonymous said...

What I learned from Crash is that always be nice to someone because you never know if your going to work for them!

C.N. 4th

Anonymous said...

One lesson I learned from this book is never be mean to anyone just becaus of their beliefs.

DM
11:04
4th period

Anonymous said...

I loved watching to 7th grade volleyball games!

LS

Anonymous said...

i like staying home with my family it lets me spend time with them.:) and im goin to the dance tonight!:) 2 hours! thats AWESOME!:D

KF 4th

Anonymous said...

No, yes, and no sometimes i would but not al the time.
DW5TH

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't mind taking time off from a job to spend time with family. As long as In still make almost as much money as I did before, of course.
E.O.

Anonymous said...

I do not think anyone I know has ever been mistreated because of their beliefs

BF

Anonymous said...

Way to go Eagles way to pull it out!!!!!

T.M.
5th Period

Anonymous said...

iwould because i dont like my family that much because they are mean and hateful and im always doing something so why not get paid for it

,SH

Anonymous said...

People have called me weird because i am mormon.

If you do not know what mormon is it is a type of religion. We are also known as lds (latter day saints).

MS

Anonymous said...

One life lesson i learned was to not bully others.

L.U

Anonymous said...

The book teaches young people to not be a Bully to other kids....no metter whats wrong with them. RCS!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I know someone who has been bullied or made fun of because of what kind of person you are. It was a kid that was in special class and they made fun of him because of his problems. People cant help who they are!
C.H.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I would sacrifice money to be able to spend more time with my family. In my eyes there is nothing more important than famly. I love them more than anything.

EH 7th period

Anonymous said...

that if you are a bully first you should change
r.d. 7th

Anonymous said...

RollTide!! I went To the JSU GAME!!! THEY WON!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Anonymous said...

You should be nice to peopel that are nice to you. I haven't been made fun of for my religion. I woukd spend 3 days wit friends and rest with family j.w 5th